It’s not all about the lake.
Green Lake, located in north Seattle, is a highly-desired community popular among singles, couples, and families alike. Conveniently and centrally located, this neighborhood is just minutes away from downtown. Although this neighborhood is host to trendy restaurants, shops, and activities, the main attraction of Green Lake is the lake itself. During the spring and summer months, people flock to the freshwater lake to enjoy the warm weather and even to cool down. Whether you are in the mood for a leisurely stroll around the lake, wish to join a pick-up sports game, or want to take advantage of the boating facilities, Green Lake will keep you entertained and active in the outdoors!
- Restaurant Christine: Looking for a little comfort food? Check out Restaurant Christine described as “PNW comfort food,” which includes a variety of dishes from pastas to burgers.Their menu changes regularly based on availability of seasonal ingredients so don’t miss out on some seasonal favorites!
- Bongos: If you’ve every been meandering along the loop of green lake, you may have noticed a faint, but heavenly, roasted pork smell wafting through the air. Well this is the source. Delicious Caribbean food with a matching beachfront aesthetic (no actually… there is sand)
- Tsui Sushi Bar: Even if you don’t like sushi it’s probably worth paying this place a visit! The fun u-shaped bar is great for solo dining or a night out with friends, but the highlight here is of course the fresh fish and specialty rolls!
- Mkt: Looking for classy dining by the lake? This is the one for you! Maybe not appropriate for your daily workout clothes, but get a little spruced up for the night and enjoy one of the best restaurants for a date night in the city!
- Cocina Oaxaca: Coming from the team behind La Cocina Oaxaquena, you know this is going to be some quality Mexican food. Maybe not quite as good as the first location, but a little more conveniently located, and absolutely still worth the trip.
- Kitanda Espresso & Acai: If you’re looking for clean eating and great coffee make sure to stop by this place on your next visit to the lake! This Brazilian cafe’s Acai bowls are some fo the best in the city!
- Retreat: Need a pick-me-up after that quick jaunt around the lake? Well this place pumps out great coffee and scrumptious little breakfast options all day long – there’s even some wine and beer if that is more fitting for your post-workout refreshment.
- Revolutions Coffee: Custom Herkimer coffee made the way you want! Plus fresh baked goods every day to go with your coffee! Open seating to accomodate everybody, even your 4 legged friends! You’ll be coming back regularly!
- Urban Luxe Cafe: A community based minimalist, eclectic, Mediterranean Cafe’ serving Light tapas, Gyros, Arabic Pizza, Pastries, Hand Crafted Sandwiches, Specialty Coffees provided by Fulcrum Coffee Roasters, Cocktails, Spirits and more!
- Seattle Sunshine Coffee: Specializing in hand-crafted espresso beverages made with freshly roasted beans from Lighthouse Roasters. The quality of their food options is on par with their coffee, you won’t be disappointed!
- Tapas Lab: Ideal casual drinking and dining in a relaxed wood-slatted venue. Enjoy quick paced counter service or grab a table and campout with some friends! Either way you’re sure to have a good time!
- Latona Pub: No bells or whistles here, and they don’t make their name off a jubilant staff that’s all sunshine and rainbows. They bank their business on consistency and speed. You know what you’re getting, it’s easy to get to, and there’s really not to many way to mess up a pint of beer.
- Uber Tavern: The tell-tale sign of any great tavern? An indoor fire pit! The bartenders like it a little quieter inside the bar itself, but it doubles as a bottle shop so grab six pack, head home, and shout to your hearts content.
- The Kraken Bar & Lounge: Always love when a bar has food worth raving about. Drinks are cheap and quality, but the fries and burgers? Maybe some of the best we’ve ever had and all the ingredients are fresh!
- The Monkey Pub: A classic grungy Seattle dive bar boasting some of the funnest trivia and karaoke you can find in Seattle. Cheap drinks and great company – the only downside is there are more benches than tables, but people usually get over that after a drink or two.
- Green Lake: One of Seattle’s most beloved parks surrounding a body of water with a 3 mile paved loop traveling along the exterior. Let loose in the giant green space with with soccer, baseball fields, and even basketball courts, or feel free to take a swim! Plus, make sure to visit the numerous little sub parks in the area!
- Woodland Park: This large recreational area hosts three soccer fields, multiple baseball and softball fields, as well as a 9-hole pitch and put golf course! Even enjoy a skate park and small bmx course! All your outdoor needs are met in full here, and once again, feel free to enjoy any of the sub-parks and adjacent animal zoo as well!
83 – Very Walkable: Most errands can easily be accomplished without a form of transportation
51 – Good Transit: Many nearby transportation and ride share options that can take you to any of the surrounding neighborhoods
87 – Very Bikeable: In addition to the 3 mile loop around the lake, there is a ton of biking infrastructure that will make your daily ride a breeze.